[SOLVED] Internet browsers slow to load first page

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightc

Honorable
Sep 30, 2016
Hi there,
I'm having an issue with my desktop pc lately, it takes 10-20sec to open the first page in any Internet browser- every new page/tab takes this time to load, same for search- type in and then it takes that long to start doing something.

I've also noticed that when opening Spotify from closed, it also takes 10-20 sec to load playlists etc, once loaded- it's snappy.

I've tried to search and most topics suggest there's something with one or another browser, or malware, but I've cleared browsers, scanned Windows with several antivirus software and found nothing.

What I've done so far:
Cleared browsing data and ran optimisation on some browsers, didn't help.
Ran a few antivirus and malware software- nothing has been detected.
Updated wifi drivers, installed the latest Win updates.

WiFi connection is fine, I have another computer next to and it's working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update with system specs:

Windows 10 Pro 19043.985

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
MSI MEG X570 ACE
4xCrucial Technology 8192 MB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
2x Corsair Force MP600

Haven't done any recent hardware changes.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

After the next boot do not immediately open any other apps or browsers. Just let the desktop pc sit.

Then open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe what the system is doing: what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Slide the observation window to one side and then open the brower or app in question. Again, just one.

Look in the observation window to see what changes when the loading is slow.

It may take a few tries to identify the culprit but there is a good chance that some issue will stand out.

lightc

Honorable
Sep 30, 2016
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Thanks for the idea, but nope, it didn't solve the problem, any more ideas?

lightc

Honorable
Sep 30, 2016
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

After the next boot do not immediately open any other apps or browsers. Just let the desktop pc sit.

Then open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe what the system is doing: what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Slide the observation window to one side and then open the brower or app in question. Again, just one.

Look in the observation window to see what changes when the loading is slow.

It may take a few tries to identify the culprit but there is a good chance that some issue will stand out.

Tried this as well, nothing comes up with excessive use, I've compared my desktop's resource manager next to the laptop and processes are similar when opening a new browser window.

lightc

Honorable
Sep 30, 2016
Update on the issue:

I hardwired the computer to the router and it is loading as usual, any ideas why it is taking an extra 10-20sec to load the first page when connected to wifi? It is only on the desktop, and happened recently, haven't touched any settings whatsoever.

Ralston18

Titan
Wifi is inherently slower than wired.

Plus any interference or other issues may be contributing factors.

Ensure that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled on the desktop. One or the other as desired/required. Not both network adapters at the same time.

What wireless network adapter is installed?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.