Internet connected, most websites not working

dcsantiago

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
HI there. 2 days ago, my PC started to present this problem: Internet is connected (cable), but most websites won't load. When trying to connect, it presents some kind of time expired error. When I ping, some websites will give good response and other wont and they will vary over time.
What did I try to do:
1) Use other programs. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox, all present similar problems.
2) Reset cookies, etc
3) Run antivirus, antimalware
4) Reset the socket using cmd (I could only use power shell, since my pc wouldn't find resetlog.txt)
5) Reinstall the mobo drivers
6) Checked the cables

Nothing worked! To worsen things up, I uploaded to windows 10 while having this problem, hoping that this would fix the problem, but it still the same.

What should I do next? Reinstall windows? buy an ethernet card?
Please help!

dcsantiago

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014

The time and date are corrected. Wish was that simple...

Test your ping to the router. If it is more then 1-2 ms then your problem is with nic.

Have you tried another computer or smartphone or other internet device on your network?
If it has the same problem then it is either your modem/router or your ISP connecton.

One thing else you can try is setting DNS to google dns or open dns. If your ISP dns server is faulty then it would timeout trying to find the route to the website.