[SOLVED] Internet connection keeps dropping out on my laptop ?

Oct 6, 2020
Hi guys,

So I recently bought a new gaming laptop - Asus Strix Scar 15 (G533QR-HQ005T) and started to have problems with my internet connection. I have a work laptop which uses a cloud based server (connected via ethernet to a powerline adaptor). Every so often, I had a message pop up saying that its lost connection to the internet and pops back to normal after around half a minute. It drops the whole router - no internet for anyone. My gaming laptop is hooked up via wifi (wifi 6), I didn't make the connection until I turned my gaming laptop off and found the internet to be completely fine and back to normal.
Would anyone have an idea why my laptop kills my router? I am using Virgin Media - HUB 3 router (UK based)

Thanks

Solution
If I understand your post correctly you may have both an Ethernet network adapter and a wireless network adapter enabled on the gaming laptop.

Only one network adapter, either wired or wireless, should be enabled on the gaming laptop.

The laptop might be capable of automatically disabling wireless if connected wired.

Check the work laptop as well.

Try the following:

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Do so on both the new gaming laptop and the work laptop.

Post the results.

Note: If the work laptop's name identifies your company - then redact that information.

Ralston18

Titan
If I understand your post correctly you may have both an Ethernet network adapter and a wireless network adapter enabled on the gaming laptop.

Only one network adapter, either wired or wireless, should be enabled on the gaming laptop.

The laptop might be capable of automatically disabling wireless if connected wired.

Check the work laptop as well.

Try the following:

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Do so on both the new gaming laptop and the work laptop.

Post the results.

Note: If the work laptop's name identifies your company - then redact that information.

Solution