Question Internet connection keeps intermittently dropping

D

Deleted member 2934198

Devices (phones...) connected to my wifi network keep intermittently disconnecting from the internet and then reconnecting after a bit.

I have an ISP provided GPON modem + router combo, the model is a very old ZTE F620.
To that i have 2 (also very old) wifi routers connected as access points and also a computer connected via Ethernet.

Internet connection to the computer is working and normallly but clients connected to either one of the wifi access points drop connection intermittently.
I've tried iPhones and android phones all with the same problem, will say "connected" and internet will work for a while but then it will say "connected without internet" and internet stops working. I cant find any pattern with when that happens.

Clients connected to wifi in manual mode (DHCP off) seem to not have this issue.
If i unplug one of the access points from the modem, then the other access point starts working normally with seemingly no issues.

I've tried finding updated frimware for the ZTE F620 but i couldnt find anything on the official website or anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"If i unplug one of the access points from the modem, then the other access point starts working normally with seemingly no issues."

Sketch out a diagram of your network to include all devices. Then take a look at the IP addresses being used by each device.

My thought is a duplicate IP address.