Question Internet connection only in safe mode

byo

Dec 3, 2018
This morning I woke up to find that my CMOS battery was dying, time and date incorrect. Couldn't boot up, got BSOD "inaccessible boot device". I booted up my PC in safe mode with networking and fixed the time and date there.
Restarted the PC only to find my internet connection is not working now (worked in safe mode). Wireless works. Did the troubleshooting, said that my network adapter is having driver or hardware problems. Re-plugged the ethernet cable, rebooted the PC, still the same. Once again booted up in safe mode just to double check, works (writing to you from it now). Went to device manager to update the driver for the adapter, it says it already got the newest.
I did force shutdown my PC a few times, maybe that caused some issues? I dunno. Should I delete the driver and reinstall? Anyone had any similar issues?
I don't wanna mess something up.

byo

Dec 3, 2018
CMOS battery was the cause. I replaced it and everything's working fine now.
Was just scared there's a deeper issue to all this while I was googling for the solution.
Like when you feel sick and google your symptoms and find out you're gonna die in a couple of days :D

Last edited: