[SOLVED] Internet connection speed stuck at 1 MBps on all internet connections [this PC] despite 300 MBps connection [Realtek 8812BU Wireless]

DawnintoDusk

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
I'm on windows 10 and this is only effecting one PC, it happened suddenly after having the mesh network boot me and I just can't work like this. Only this PC is effected by this, phones are getting full speed and same with other devices and computers.

Solution
Turns out apparently I had some kind of spyware on this PC being detected by the AI Mesh's antivirus and it throttled this PC. Spyware has been removed, log cleared and speeds are back to normal.

DawnintoDusk

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Device name []
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 7962A108-77CF-4ABA-857D-D6B6872B8EB9
Product ID 00326-00864-60388-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Malware scanned with malwarebytes, nothing detected.
Driver has been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, did nothing.

The hard issue when you have mesh is you don't really know where you are connecting to. The end device not the network will decide and it does not always pick the actual best connection if you are lucky it might pick the strongest but that is not always the best.

Could be your machine is connecting to one of the remote mesh units and that mesh unit is having issues talking with the main router. Your other device might be connecting to other remote mesh units or maybe the main router directly. You also have the complexity that all the units also have 2.4 and 5 radios.
A 300 connection speed likely indicates you are using a 2.4g band but it is not 100% sure.

There used to be a easy way to see the mac address you connect to but microsoft keeps changing stuff around. If the mesh system was actually smart you should be able to get into the management pages and see the signals level each node sees your devices traffic at. I have not use enough mesh systems to know if they actually
have this feature. I know the cheaper ones do not.

Maybe turn off everything but the main router and see if you can connect directly then add the mesh units one at a time.

DawnintoDusk

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
I share a house with others and their internet connection speeds aren't throttled, it's just this single PC and I do have an option of connecting to the main router, but even if I do that? It's still <1 MBps

DawnintoDusk

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Tell me how to get the full system spec? When I googled it just told me to do what I did which linked to the CPU.
My PC was bought around a year ago.

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎10/‎21/‎2020
OS build 19043.1466
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

DawnintoDusk

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Turns out apparently I had some kind of spyware on this PC being detected by the AI Mesh's antivirus and it throttled this PC. Spyware has been removed, log cleared and speeds are back to normal.

Solution