Question Internet crash when i use WiFi on my phone

Aug 11, 2020
Im not sure if this is the place to ask for help.. (im really new to here...) so my problem is that my internet connection is very stable and i get good ping. but, if i use WiFi on my phone it can be ok and nothing would happen, but then from nowhere my internet can crash and my ping on discord will jump to 600-700 and i cannot surf the internet UNTIL i turn off my WiFi on my phone and only after that i can surf on the internet and the ping will go down to my normal and good ping, also sometimes when i dont turn off my WiFi my ping will jump to around 300 and i will have to ability to surf on the internet with poor download speed, but the point is when i turn off my wifi on my wifi everything will go back to normal and will be fixed. What can cause this problem? How can i slove this? (and sorry for my english, its not my native language).

kanewolf

Titan
Im not sure if this is the place to ask for help.. (im really new to here...) so my problem is that my internet connection is very stable and i get good ping. but, if i use WiFi on my phone it can be ok and nothing would happen, but then from nowhere my internet can crash and my ping on discord will jump to 600-700 and i cannot surf the internet UNTIL i turn off my WiFi on my phone and only after that i can surf on the internet and the ping will go down to my normal and good ping, also sometimes when i dont turn off my WiFi my ping will jump to around 300 and i will have to ability to surf on the internet with poor download speed, but the point is when i turn off my wifi on my wifi everything will go back to normal and will be fixed. What can cause this problem? How can i slove this? (and sorry for my english, its not my native language).
Your phone could be downloading application updates. If your WAN bandwidth is low (10Mbit or less) your phone could use all your bandwidth.

Aug 11, 2020
Do you have any cloud backup or other UPLOAD type things that could fill your 5Mbit uplink bandwidth?
I think Google is on and Whatsapp backup and maybe Samsung cloud, but its not all the time syncing and moreover this problem never happened. You know how to slove to problem if you think its related to cloud backup.

kanewolf

Titan
I think Google is on and Whatsapp backup and maybe Samsung cloud, but its not all the time syncing and moreover this problem never happened. You know how to slove to problem if you think its related to cloud backup.
I don't know. I am just trying to eliminate things. Since in your original post you said "it can be ok and nothing would happen, but then from nowhere my internet can crash" That makes it sound like SOMETHING is changing on the phone. Just the act of turning on WIFI every time doesn't cause it. So that made me think of upload to the cloud or software download, etc.
What router do you have? Does the router have any thing that will display bandwidth usage or anything like that?
Do wired devices get impacted? Do other WIFI devices get impacted?
WIFI doesn't provide much to help debug.

Aug 11, 2020
I don't know. I am just trying to eliminate things. Since in your original post you said "it can be ok and nothing would happen, but then from nowhere my internet can crash" That makes it sound like SOMETHING is changing on the phone. Just the act of turning on WIFI every time doesn't cause it. So that made me think of upload to the cloud or software download, etc.
What router do you have? Does the router have any thing that will display bandwidth usage or anything like that?
Do wired devices get impacted? Do other WIFI devices get impacted?
WIFI doesn't provide much to help debug.

My router is Technicolor TG789vac v2, no i dont have nothing that will display me bandwith usage (maybe on the router website idk). Yes, my pc is connected via ethernet and when this happens i cant surf on the internet and my friends cant hear me on discord but i can hear them, its really impacting all devices that connected to th router in any way.

kanewolf

Titan
My router is Technicolor TG789vac v2, no i dont have nothing that will display me bandwith usage (maybe on the router website idk). Yes, my pc is connected via ethernet and when this happens i cant surf on the internet and my friends cant hear me on discord but i can hear them, its really impacting all devices that connected to th router in any way.
Does this happen on any other WIFI?
Have you told the phone to forget the WIFI and re-add it?
Maybe get a bandwidth monitor app for your phone. At least that way you might have some insight into what is happening.
I have no obvious answer and without more (or better) info I don't believe I will find one.

Aug 11, 2020
Does this happen on any other WIFI?
Have you told the phone to forget the WIFI and re-add it?
Maybe get a bandwidth monitor app for your phone. At least that way you might have some insight into what is happening.
I have no obvious answer and without more (or better) info I don't believe I will find one.

No it does not happen in any other wifi, and yes i re-added the wifi and i even reset network settings on my phone. I will download the app and ill see if theres something, and please tell me what info you need and ill give anything i really need help.

kanewolf

Titan
No it does not happen in any other wifi, and yes i re-added the wifi and i even reset network settings on my phone. I will download the app and ill see if theres something, and please tell me what info you need and ill give anything i really need help.
You say it sometimes does not interfere and sometimes does. YOU are going to have to figure out what changes between the times there is no problem and when there is a problem.

Aug 11, 2020
You say it sometimes does not interfere and sometimes does. YOU are going to have to figure out what changes between the times there is no problem and when there is a problem.

I figured it out, maybe i didnt explained it right. My internet will work good when my WiFi is turned off on my phone, but when i turn it on i can have between 5 minutes to few hours until the internet will crash, then i will need to turn off my WiFi on my phone and everything will go back to normal.

kanewolf

Titan
I figured it out, maybe i didnt explained it right. My internet will work good when my WiFi is turned off on my phone, but when i turn it on i can have between 5 minutes to few hours until the internet will crash, then i will need to turn off my WiFi on my phone and everything will go back to normal.
So it is not an IMMEDIATE problem when WIFI is turned on. There is something that the phone is doing or running or accessing.
Have you logged into the router and checked the logs?

Aug 11, 2020
So it is not an IMMEDIATE problem when WIFI is turned on. There is something that the phone is doing or running or accessing.
I dont really familiar with the logs, so i didnt understand nothing there, but i thinks there is nothing that i saw as suspicious. If we assume there is something on my phone that is running, what should i have done? (again, sorry for my english)

Aug 11, 2020
UPDATE: I noticed something that didnt used to happen with this problem. When my internet crash because my phone was with WIFI turned on, i tried to not turn it off and see what will happen, my internet will crash for couple of minutes than will fix all alone, but again after couple of minutes will crash again, but then i get crazy and just turn off my wifi (im a gamer you can realize the difficulty..)