Internet crashing when computer is on?

3.14pidude

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
This just recently started happening when I got an Orbi router, but it seems as if the computer is crashing the internet after a certain amount of inactivity on the windows 10 machine. It might not be the computer, but whenever I turn it off, the internet seems to come back right after so it sure seems like it. When it crashes, I will stay connected but nothing will load and if I try to disconnect and reconnect my phone says obtaining IP address but I can't connect. Really need help and we've been having a lot of problems with the new router so it could be that also

Solution
I have seen something like this once before. In my situation it turned out to be that when connecting the device to the internet it was causing a network overload because the router was not able to handle all the traffic with all the other devices on....My suggestion is to turn off ALL devices on the network so that only your PC and router remain and see if the problem is still there.

If the problem goes away then you know your network is being overloaded, if the problem is still there then I would check the NIC card on your PC.
There could be some settings in your router that may be misconfigured, Do you have enough DHCP address to give out? How long is the lease time for the DHCP? Is your PC configured in the router to not allow...

morinookuni8919

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I have seen something like this once before. In my situation it turned out to be that when connecting the device to the internet it was causing a network overload because the router was not able to handle all the traffic with all the other devices on....My suggestion is to turn off ALL devices on the network so that only your PC and router remain and see if the problem is still there.

If the problem goes away then you know your network is being overloaded, if the problem is still there then I would check the NIC card on your PC.
There could be some settings in your router that may be misconfigured, Do you have enough DHCP address to give out? How long is the lease time for the DHCP? Is your PC configured in the router to not allow network connection? Dig in the settings, I'm sure something will pop up.

If none of that helps. please provide model number of your Orbi router, NIC card of your PC. Has anything else changed on your network besides the Orbi router? What other problems have you been having with the new router?

Solution