[SOLVED] internet cuting out dns server

Nov 26, 2018
Hello I have xfinity and my internet is cuting out all the time its not disconnecting from my pc but the internet does not work it just says primary dns server not responding I don't know how to fix this it just started happening today and its on all of my devices

Solution
is there anything else I can do to try and fix this like change my routers dns or something
Yes, you should be able to log into your router and change the default dns servers. Could try Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare's (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1).

You can also set your DNS on a per-device basis by changing the DNS addresses in the TCP/IP settings for your computer's network adapter.
D

Deleted member 14196

No. If it used to all work and suddenly it doesn’t then it’s the ISP not you. But we can test to see if the switch is a problem by plugging your PC directly into one of the ports on the cable modem and see if that gives you the same error. if it does that it’s Xfinity

Have you tried rebooting the cable modem?

Reactions: cloudsx
Nov 26, 2018
No. If it used to all work and suddenly it doesn’t then it’s the ISP not you. But we can test to see if the switch is a problem by plugging your PC directly into one of the ports on the cable modem and see if that gives you the same error. if it does that it’s Xfinity

Have you tried rebooting the cable modem?
Yes the only way to fix it is to reboot the modem

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
is there anything else I can do to try and fix this like change my routers dns or something
Yes, you should be able to log into your router and change the default dns servers. Could try Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare's (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1).

You can also set your DNS on a per-device basis by changing the DNS addresses in the TCP/IP settings for your computer's network adapter.

Solution