internet drops everytime

Neilox

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
hello guys,

well my problem is that my internet is dropping evey few minutes/30 min/hours.
when i reboot my router the wifi is back on for a period of time and then drops (limited/no internet access) agian.
same as when i tried the cmd commands : "ipconfig /release"
"ipconfig /flushdns"
"ipconfig /renew"
after the commands it is back on for period of time and limited access agian.

any idea why its happening?

Oh, and i already replaced the router 2 times

Ralston18

Titan
Is it only wifi being affected or are wired devices also affected? How many wifi devices are in use by you and your family/roommates, etc.? How many other wifi networks are around? Could be interference.....

Have you called your ISP to see if they see any problems from their end.

Do you have a cable modem and router or a combination device?

Did you try different ethernet cables: i.e., change out existing cables with know working cables?

See if you can narrow things down a bit and provide additional detail. Include device make and models. Thanks.

Neilox

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

all devices are affected even wired/ phones.
1 pc (sometimes 2) and 5 phones.
sometimes i see 3 networks and usually 0-2.
Yes u called an ISP and he changed wires and made sure all is good.
i have my modem and router combined.. its is netgear wireless dual band n600 (bezeq) http://
and yes my cables are fine.

Ralston18

Titan
DSL connection from what I can tell on the link you attached. Correct? Look at the modem and router device and get the model number and version number on it. Please post.

Could be interference with other networks being around.

Do you have admin access to the netgear n600?

Is your network secured so only your family and friends have access?

Take a look at the DHCP range and the number of devices allowed. If too many devices are connecting then some will not be able to connect.

Neilox

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

is the DHCP is in LAN setup- and if it is i need give u starting and ending ip?
how i fint the number of devices allowed?

Ty for your support

Ralston18

Titan
First, you will need to have the User Manual/Guide for your router to know what screens to go to and what settings to change. Most routers are very similiar but the configuration options can vary in both location and scope. Reading the manual beforehand is always a good idea. You can find the necessary settings and review their current values. Do not make any changes until you are comfortable getting to the desired screen(s).

Second, you will need to have administrative access to your router - meaning some login name and password. Hopefully they are not the default values shown in the user manual. If so that could mean someone else can have, or does have, access to your network.

You access the router's screens using a browser. Type in the router's IP address: Commonly either 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 and provided in the user manual provided no one has changed the router's default IP address.

Find the setting you wish to change: For example if there is a maximum number of allowed connected devices then you would change that from "5" to maybe "8".

Likewise the DHCP IP range may be limited to just 6 IP addresses. Usually a range such as 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.106 for example. If you need more addresses (because you have more than 6 devices) you change the upper end to maybe 192.168.1.108.

As for your LAN cards (i.e., ethernet adapters) they should be set to use the IP address provided by the router. Most likely all is okay there unless the devices are not playing well together when it comes to agreeing on communication protocols. That may be another matter.....

See if you can find the user manual for your router. I have attempted to reason it out abit - please look at this manual:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3700V5/WNDR3700v5_UM_03Sept2015.pdf

You will have to check and confirm. Even if not an exact match, the manual may help you understand more about the router you have and how the configuration screens and settings are presented.

Again we are focusing on verifying that there is not some number of devices limitation contributing to the problem either by count or DHCP address range.

Once that is eliminated then wireless interference would become your focus.