Question Internet Goes Down When Both Work and Personal PC Are Running

Dangerzone25

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
I still haven't been able to pinpoint the issue or why it keeps doing this. About 2-3 weeks ago this issue started occurring where my internet would "trip" and everything would go down. My work computer, the phone that is connected to the internet, my personal PC, WiFi, everything. It would occur for MAYBE seconds and then come back. Depending on how bad the situation was it would re-occur every minute or so for 45 minutes then be fine for the rest of the day. I've narrowed it down to JUST happening when my work computer is on and connected. I wasn't sure how to correct the error or what the issue may be as it started randomly and happens at random times.

I purchased a new router because I imagined the two old ones I had were the cause, but the issue still happens.
I contacted my ISP and they said there isn't anything on their end they see wrong.
I've plugged my personal computer in to the modem by itself and nothing happens and everything is ok. I can't plug JUST my work phone and computer as my modem only has one slot.

Also, everything I mentioned above is hardwired into the router.

Dangerzone25

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
Yes the current router firmware is up to date, and the make and model of my current router is a Netgear AC1600 Model is R6260. The previous two that I had been using were both Netgear WNR2000v5 and Netgear WNR1000v4

Ralston18

Titan
My first thought is an IP address conflict.

How many devices do you have at home?

Any known static IP addresses?

Does the following link present the Router's User Manual?

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6250/C6250_UM_EN.pdf

Use the router's admin functions to see what is connected. (Page 104 in the Manual.)

Start with only one device on the network; e.g. your personal PC, and then start up other devices one by one but wait a few minutes between starts.

You might have to go through the process a couple of times starting the devices in different orders.

See if you can find some other outcomes especially with respect to the work computer's introduction.

Dangerzone25

Commendable
Feb 16, 2017
I have multiple devices that can be using the internet at any point in time, but if I had to say WHEN the issues occur it would be about 4-5. That link is to a different router but might be relatively the same since its a close enough model?

The issue doesn't start happening until hours after the systems are up and running, but will continue for about 30 minutes then stop as if it never happened.