Question Internet keeps cutting out

Aug 2, 2024
Hey guys and girls and x's,

Since I have bought new components for my self-made computer, I have had issues with my internet cutting out every minute or two.
However, sometimes, it doesn't do it for like an hour or a half hour, so it doesn't have regular intervals.

I have a wired connection (with a flat CAT6 Ethernet Cable) - I do have to mention that it's not the cable, since, I have test said cable on other devices and it works without cutting out. No other computers are on the network, but, there is a digicorder (for digital television) and two phones connected on the home-network, no other devices.

I have done research, and done some tests, and, this is what I have found:
- I only have this when I enable my XMP-profile in BIOS (but WHY does it do it when I do?)
- I had to buy a "TP-LINK TG-3468 Network Card", since, at the time of assembling, there was a driver issue with the motherboard for the network card that was on the motherboard itself (but I have not yet check if it works again)

Modem:
ch7465lgtnlogo.png
ch7465lgtnback.png

(I'm sorry, couldn't find the brand of it but its eurodocsis 3.0 I think, idk)

My setup is the following:
- Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A Wifi D4
- Intel Core i7 12700K
- Asus Geforce RTX 3060 TUF
- Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x16 GB 3600 MHz
- Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 240
- Corsair RM850x PSU

EDIT: I also have put my the "Speed & Duplex" at 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex - Since I noticed it did have a slight impact on lessening the "cutting out".

If you guys need any logs or settings, or have any questions, ask away!
Thanks already for the support or brainstorming.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys and girls and x's,

Since I have bought new components for my self-made computer, I have had issues with my internet cutting out every minute or two.
However, sometimes, it doesn't do it for like an hour or a half hour, so it doesn't have regular intervals.

I have a wired connection (with a flat CAT6 Ethernet Cable) - I do have to mention that it's not the cable, since, I have test said cable on other devices and it works without cutting out. No other computers are on the network, but, there is a digicorder (for digital television) and two phones connected on the home-network, no other devices.

I have done research, and done some tests, and, this is what I have found:
- I only have this when I enable my XMP-profile in BIOS (but WHY does it do it when I do?)
- I had to buy a "TP-LINK TG-3468 Network Card", since, at the time of assembling, there was a driver issue with the motherboard for the network card that was on the motherboard itself (but I have not yet check if it works again)

Modem:
ch7465lgtnlogo.png
ch7465lgtnback.png

(I'm sorry, couldn't find the brand of it but its eurodocsis 3.0 I think, idk)

My setup is the following:
- Asus ROG STRIX Z690-A Wifi D4
- Intel Core i7 12700K
- Asus Geforce RTX 3060 TUF
- Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x16 GB 3600 MHz
- Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 240
- Corsair RM850x PSU

EDIT: I also have put my the "Speed & Duplex" at 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex - Since I noticed it did have a slight impact on lessening the "cutting out".

If you guys need any logs or settings, or have any questions, ask away!
Thanks already for the support or brainstorming.
If it is a flat cable, IMO, that IS the first and easiest thing to replace.

Aug 2, 2024
update the firmware for your on board Intel I-255V ethernet

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...igabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

I don't have issue with my flat ethernet cable, but yours might.
Unfortunately, I think that won't solve the issue.
I did a full firmware update on that component, and, I get no internet whatsoever from the network card on the motherboard.

That's why I use the other network card.

It's not the cable, as I quoted that I tried the cable on another system and that works.

Pretty standard test, run a constant ping to the router IP. You need to see if you are actually losing the basic network of if it is something more complex.

Those flat cables may pretend the are are ethernet cables but they are automatically disqualified. The standard say the wires MUST be AWG 22-24, most flat cables are 30 or over. Bigger number is thinner wire.
Since they are not built to the standard who knows what else the manufacture is cheating on, there are rules for how many twists per inch and how the different pairs are located in the cable.

There is a standard so the you know it will work with all ethernet ports. When you buy fakes cables you have no idea what you are really buying. It is strange amazon will pull ads for fake purses but amazon themselves sells fake ethernet cables.

If the port is really going down it is at the hardware level. It is either the physical ports and chips or the cable. 99% of time it is a cable and is the cheapest thing to try.