Internet keeps disconnecting even after updating drivers.

Sep 20, 2018
I have only had my computer (Wins 10, Dell G7 1535) for about a month and it will disconnect from the internet at random intervals. This could be 10-60 mins. I have tried everything. BIOS restarting, Updated Intel and dell drivers, restarted my modem, uninstalled my adapter, and updated windows while doing all the troubleshooting I can. I took it too geek squad and they said I would probably have to factory reset my computer. I am trying to avoid that because I don't want to spend 50-100$ on an external hard drive. I am really lost and I can't figure this out.

Solution
Use the recovery disks yourself and re-install it. It's not that difficult, honestly. You'll save yourself $$$ and you won't have to deal with the horrible "Geek" Squad.

Seriously, don't take it there lol. I see regular peeps getting ripped off from them all the time. I even witnessed Danny Bonaduce once paying a ridiculous amount of cash to have his PC Updated and I just shook my head in disbelieve....

There's TONs of videos now on how to re-install a Windows OS on your machine. It only takes 30 - 45 minutes with no updates. And you have the help of the forum. Most people don't know, but back in the 90's and early 2000's, you asked any questions about repairing a computer and you would get a bunch of douches telling you to...

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Use the recovery disks yourself and re-install it. It's not that difficult, honestly. You'll save yourself $$$ and you won't have to deal with the horrible "Geek" Squad.

Seriously, don't take it there lol. I see regular peeps getting ripped off from them all the time. I even witnessed Danny Bonaduce once paying a ridiculous amount of cash to have his PC Updated and I just shook my head in disbelieve....

There's TONs of videos now on how to re-install a Windows OS on your machine. It only takes 30 - 45 minutes with no updates. And you have the help of the forum. Most people don't know, but back in the 90's and early 2000's, you asked any questions about repairing a computer and you would get a bunch of douches telling you to take classes or read a computer repair book. Those days are gone and now there's people actually willing to assist.

But yeah, a re-install could potentially fix the problem, if not pinpoint it to software or hardware related....

Solution
Sep 20, 2018

All right, I'll try thanks.