[SOLVED] Internet Keeps Disconnecting Every 20 or so minutes for split sec then reconnects back.

Jan 25, 2019
ok so i dont know why but my internet keeps disconnecting for sec and reconeccting every 20 minutes or so and i dont know why .

this problem is only on my computer(with is connected via internet cable) for my information and not a problem in the modem it self i tried uninstalling the internet adapter from the driver manager and restating the computer but nothing is working out. also its not a problem with the internet cable because and tried to use diffrent one and i also tried using wifi which both ways had the save problem

ok so my internet wirering is working like this.
Modem <Internet Cable> Internet Spliter Thing (Smaller virsion than that) <Internet Cable> My Computer.

can someone help me fix this problem?

Solution
You need to put some effort into this it is not magic click box that can troubleshoot a connection.

If you do not know what tracert and ping commands do there are wiki pages that explain them.

Maybe call the ISP and have them come out and test the connection. It maybe worth the charge, they generally only charge if the problem is with your equipment.
Jan 25, 2019
i tied and its still cutting out another thing i didnt mention is

-- (Internet Cable) -- PS4
/
Modem -- (Wifi) -- Computer
\
-- (Internet Switch) -- (Internet Cable) -- Xbox 1
\ /
---------|--- (Wifi Extender Thingy [Pickture : https://goo.gl/dvi6nX])
\
-- (Internet Cable) -- My Computer

This is my internet connection
any idea why?

Jan 25, 2019
no ok when my internet cuts out in all games it just kicks me out of the game
lets say im playing overwatch / duntless its just kicks me out of the game and gets me to main menu where it trying to reconnect again
but in discord lets say im in a call with friends and my internet cuts its dosent kicks me from the call or do anything it cut make is so i cant hear the pepole in my call and they cant hear me and the way to fix it its just to disconnect and reconnect from the call.

and for the chrome browser he dosent get effect by this.

I suspect the connection to your house is actually going down but the ISP will blame your equipment.

So of course you do the reboot everything but nothing will change it will still do it....but at least you can tell them you did it already.

Next open a couple cmd windows. Run a tracert to 8.8.8.8. This likely will not show the problem the goal is to get ip addresses of routers in the path.

So let a constant ping run to your router ip (hop1) and to the ISP first router (hop2). If hop2 does not respond try farther hops.

You goal is to show no loss in hop1 but you see loss in hop2. This means you pc and router have no issues but there is a problem to the ISP. It can be wiring inside your house or the modem but it is much more common to be some cable issue outside your house

Jan 25, 2019
So what did you actually do to test this.
i didnt do anything bc i dont know what do and i dont know how to do.
can you tell me what to do and i will just follow the insctuctions.

I suspect the connection to your house is actually going down but the ISP will blame your equipment.

So of course you do the reboot everything but nothing will change it will still do it....but at least you can tell them you did it already.

Next open a couple cmd windows. Run a tracert to 8.8.8.8. This likely will not show the problem the goal is to get ip addresses of routers in the path.

So let a constant ping run to your router ip (hop1) and to the ISP first router (hop2). If hop2 does not respond try farther hops.

You goal is to show no loss in hop1 but you see loss in hop2. This means you pc and router have no issues but there is a problem to the ISP. It can be wiring inside your house or the modem but it is much more common to be some cable issue outside your house

how do i trace ???

You need to put some effort into this it is not magic click box that can troubleshoot a connection.

If you do not know what tracert and ping commands do there are wiki pages that explain them.

Maybe call the ISP and have them come out and test the connection. It maybe worth the charge, they generally only charge if the problem is with your equipment.

Solution