Question internet keeps disconnecting

Apr 22, 2019
hi my internet disconnects about 1 1/2 hours into a session so to rectify this I either reboot or type in the powershell (admin) 'ipconfig /release' and enter then 'ipconfig /renew'. the internet then reconnects and is ok for the remainder of the session but wen I switch off my pc and then start up sometime later or the next day the problem of the internet disconnecting reimerges. wat can I do to permanently fix this issue pls as its is rather annoying to keep having to type in the aforementioned details into the powershell every session. ive tried updating the network adapter driver + uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter but no joy

There likely is some issue with the DHCP timeout. In theory when the DHCP lease time gets to 1/2 your pc should attempt to renew it. If that fails it should try again before the actual timeout.

You could first see if you can increase the dhcp timeout in your router. If you have few devices in your house a day or even a week is not going to hurt.

Your other option is to put a static ip in the network setting on your PC. You need to pick one that is outside the DHCP scope on your router. Generally it is safe to just use a high number like 192.168.x.210 or 192.168.x.220 if you can't figure it out.

Apr 22, 2019
There likely is some issue with the DHCP timeout. In theory when the DHCP lease time gets to 1/2 your pc should attempt to renew it. If that fails it should try again before the actual timeout.

You could first see if you can increase the dhcp timeout in your router. If you have few devices in your house a day or even a week is not going to hurt.

Your other option is to put a static ip in the network setting on your PC. You need to pick one that is outside the DHCP scope on your router. Generally it is safe to just use a high number like 192.168.x.210 or 192.168.x.220 if you can't figure it out.
hi thx for advice. I don't know how to increase the dhcp timeout in the router but tried creating a static ip which worked for a couple of sessions then it started Internet disconnecting as before but what I did is uninstalled the network adapter then reinstalled it and it reconnects the Internet . any ideas as to a permanent fix thx for the help so far

Apr 22, 2019
hi thx for advice. I don't know how to increase the dhcp timeout in the router but tried creating a static ip which worked for a couple of sessions then it started Internet disconnecting as before but what I did is uninstalled the network adapter then reinstalled it and it reconnects the Internet . any ideas as to a permanent fix thx for the help so far
its seems that wen I created a static ip after a couple of sessions it reverts back to automatic ip configaration. how do I keep it on statics ip setting pls

Apr 22, 2019
Not sure what to say it is not suppose to ever go back to DHCP without you manually changing it. I have it set on the machine I use for a DVR as well as all the security cameras and It has been couple of years since I set them.
hi I think wen i uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it the settings must have reverted back but think I've got to the root cause of the problem just spoken to a techyy from my isp and my router is very old and the last firmware update for it was in 2006 so he advised a new router which should solve the problem thx for your help though and have a good day