[SOLVED] Internet lag

Feb 17, 2020
I live in a house with multiple people and pay for the fastest internet the local company has.... the router/modem has multiple things connected via WiFi but is well within the limits of what the local company claims the modem/router can handle for connected devices both WiFi and wired. I play my games wired with no issues unless the other person in the house is also playing games . I am trying to figure out why when we are both playing wired simultaneously I experience significant noticeable lag but they do not so I can fix it

Solution
Might be a case where the router has bad QoS management; depending on what everyone else on the network is doing, they might be stealing your bandwidth (because obviously, you deserve all of it.)

At home, I replaced the cable company issued router with one I purchased and control, and yes, I set the QoS so 190 Mbit of the 200 Mbit we pay for goes to me no matter what.
Might be a case where the router has bad QoS management; depending on what everyone else on the network is doing, they might be stealing your bandwidth (because obviously, you deserve all of it.)

At home, I replaced the cable company issued router with one I purchased and control, and yes, I set the QoS so 190 Mbit of the 200 Mbit we pay for goes to me no matter what.

Solution