internet lossed when computer screen is turned on

namado

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
Hi,

When I turn on my desktop computer`s screen, I and other people in my family lose (they are connected using WiFi) internet after about 5 minutes. When I turn the screen off, after 2 seconds everyone get internet back including me. When I turn back my screen on, then again 5 minutes later we lose internet and so on..

Leaving my computer screen on without my computer on do not make us lose internet. I tried changing the computer screen and all its wires which connects it to the computer but still same problem.

I have a Windows 7 Dell desktop computer which I connect directly to the router using a Ethernet cable. The problem happens even without connecting the Ethernet cable.

I'm currently writing this from my tablet and my computer is off so that we don't lose internet.

Thank you in advance,

Solution
Cool, ok right click the desktop and open the NVidia control panel. Under Dispaly click Change resolution, you current resolution will be at the top and highlighted in blue. Try and change the refresh rate to 50Hz in the drop down box.

If you cant click Customize button and a new window will open. Click create custom resolution and accept the popup (if applicable). In most cases your current resolution will be in the boxes already eg horisontal pixels 1920, vertical lines 1080. If not or different then input your current desktop resolution. Delete whatever is showing in refresh rate and type 50 then click test. You should get a message saying test successfull bla bla do you want to save your custom resolution, click yes. Close windows...

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Damn thats a new one to me then, I been having a look around I cant find anything at all. The only thing I can suggest is changing your router, it may or may not solve the problem and that was purly my best guess.

namado

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
I tried this too already :(

I forgot to mention there is a continuous buzz sound from the screen when its on with the computer on. It might be noise interfering with my router internet?

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Assuming you have no speakers on the monitor, Try dropping the refrsh rate of your monitor to 50Hz, right click your desktop and click screen resoution, click advanced settings, got to the monitor tab. Under Screen refresh rate select 50 Hertz and apply that should stop the buzzing. I have no clue if it will solve you network issue though.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Cool, ok right click the desktop and open the NVidia control panel. Under Dispaly click Change resolution, you current resolution will be at the top and highlighted in blue. Try and change the refresh rate to 50Hz in the drop down box.

If you cant click Customize button and a new window will open. Click create custom resolution and accept the popup (if applicable). In most cases your current resolution will be in the boxes already eg horisontal pixels 1920, vertical lines 1080. If not or different then input your current desktop resolution. Delete whatever is showing in refresh rate and type 50 then click test. You should get a message saying test successfull bla bla do you want to save your custom resolution, click yes. Close windows until your back to the main control panel.

You new custom rez will be dispalyed in the resolution window Scroll down the resolution window and you will see in blue PC--------------
under this you will find your new custom rez (there maybe others but yours when clicked on will show 50Hz refresh rate), click Apply the close the control panel,

Please note after you change the refresh rate should your monitor go out of range (black screen dont) panic as it will revert after 15 seconds. If this happens try the process agin but this time using 55Hz

Solution

TRENDING THREADS