[SOLVED] Internet on computer significantly slower than any other device.

Jul 28, 2021
Hey,

Recently I noticed the download speeds on my computer are significantly slower than any other device in my house, including a secondary computer. The secondary computer, as well as my phone, easily get 300+mbps while my computer struggles to get 20. It struggles on both the 2.4g and 5g network as well as on ethernet. Any idea what's going on?

I5 8400
Z370 A PRO

Solution
I would boot a linux live cd/usb and see if that speedtests normally compared to windows. If so, then it's a windows issue. If not, then it could be a hardware or network issue.
Here is some info on using WiFi. You didn't say what is using WiFi and what is using ethernet but this article will show you why as much as possible should be on ethernet. Keep in mind that WiFi is just radio so if that network is bogging down it may not have anything to do with your equipment. It can be anything that has enough signal strength to reach you equipment including neighbors and/or businesses nearby.
https://arstechnica.com/information...hat-a-deep-dive-into-why-wi-fi-kind-of-sucks/

Jul 28, 2021
Update, I figured out it was Logmein Hammachi which I had installed, it changes the TCP global parameters, which will remain changed even after you uninstall the program. After changing them back I'm enjoying 300mbps+ download speeds once again. :) Thank you for your suggestions, all.

Reactions: JMctrl and SamirD