Internet Population Grows to 2.4 Billion People

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Monaco (100.6 percent)

Got to love THG's articles.
The 0.6% in Monaco are prob. unborn children whose heart rate monitor has a Facebook page making them countable... :)

G

the extra 0.6% is probably from visitors or tourists in Monaco. Use your brain before put in stupid comments

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
abc77 read carefuly now that i made it easier to you "The lion's share of users resides in" and "For North America, 89.6 percent of Internet users live in". Do you know the meaning of live and reside? You can use you brain to comprehend things to you know.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The US has an 89% internet usage rate? Who are those 11% of people not using the internet? Even my 90+ y/o grandparents use the internet regularly.

I guess there are always homeless people, babies, the blind, mentally handicapped, people in comas, Amish, and hunter-gathering natives. Wait, how is it that Monaco has none of those people and an additional 0.6% population?

G

"The highest penetration rates can still be found in North America"
"Greenland has the highest penetration rate"
"The highest penetration rates can be found in Europe"

pschoooo

skaniol

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
The 0.6%+ are probably tourists and I am 100% sure that the entire population of Monaco (although a small one) is not using the internet. I don't know how this is calculated, but it would makes sense if they are distinguishing internet users from local population. It's possible to have more users, than population, simply by including the temporary visitors who use the net. Also, it's possible to have way lower percent of internet users in a place where 100% of the actual residents are using it, just because there are many "ghosts", who are counted as residents but live/are elsewhere and are counted there if they use the net (Monaco).

Anyway, whatever way they are using to calculate the internet population, it's probably not very accurate, but you get the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.