[SOLVED] Internet problems

Oct 21, 2021
Hi,

I am having internet problems. It started randomly today. Our internet went out, but it looked fine on the modem and you could still connect to the network, just no internet. I have contacted the ISP and they did their quick modem reset and then everything is fine routine. I tried resetting both modem and router multiple times. I even put both back to factory defaults. I also tried a different modem and router and still got the same result. Any ideas?

Solution
If you do an ipconfig are you getting a good IP address from your DHCP server (presumably the router). I would also check the IP settings within the router and make sure they are good. You can also try and bypass the router and connect directly to the modem to quickly determine whether the issue is with the modem out to the Internet or strictly within your home network.
Is it multiple devices affected or just 1.

So can you get into the admin pages on your orbi. Can you see what it thinks is the status of the wan port. Can you see a IP address learned from the ISP.

If you plug your PC directly into the ISP modem without your router does it work. You might have to reboot the modem everytime you swap what you have plugged into it.

Terpinator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2017
If you do an ipconfig are you getting a good IP address from your DHCP server (presumably the router). I would also check the IP settings within the router and make sure they are good. You can also try and bypass the router and connect directly to the modem to quickly determine whether the issue is with the modem out to the Internet or strictly within your home network.

Solution