Question Internet security and browser

MajorPager

Upstanding
Aug 8, 2023
I've been wanting to get an old P4 system of mine running Windows XP on the internet for quite some time. The thing is that I switched internet providers a while back that switched my internet security from WPA to WPA2 which I have not gotten it connected since.

I know that there's an update for it but I forget which one that is, and I believe last time I tried that update it didn't do anything. But a redownload would be nice.

As for a browser google has become somewhat unreliable for XP, even though I used it years after it was discontinued a better one would be great.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
For the browser you may have to go Chromium or Chrome.

On the security part, I really don't know. I am not sure that I would be comfortable facing an XP setup to the world. I sure wouldn't enter anything sensitive on that particular PC....

Do you just like having an uncomfortably slow system while you browse just for the reminiscence?

MajorPager

Upstanding
Aug 8, 2023
On the security part, I really don't know. I am not sure that I would be comfortable facing an XP setup to the world. I sure wouldn't enter anything sensitive on that particular PC....

Do you just like having an uncomfortably slow system while you browse just for the reminiscence?
I've done so for ages now.

Although this specific system had a Celeron D in it, then I switched to a much faster P4, but it won't help how XP analyzes the internet pages in its slow fashion though.

Chromium or Chrome
I guess good old Chrome it is then.

MajorPager

Upstanding
Aug 8, 2023
Don't know why I can't get WPA2 to work even though I have SP3, which should include it. Network card possibly? It shouldn't be since I have the same card in two other systems. Software problem? I honestly don't know, I guess ethernet will be of help.