Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2023
Hi, guys, I would like to ask whether it is possible to somehow compromise a SIM card inside a dongle plugged into PC for internet connection.

Thanks!

Solution

"A SIM card is a pseudo-memory card, as it does have some memory inside. However, as you know now, that memory is used for storing a limited number of phone book contacts and SMS messages. The memory on a SIM card cannot be used for saving photos, videos, music, documents, or any other type of file."

Based on that description, unless it was something novel, I do not believe so.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

"A SIM card is a pseudo-memory card, as it does have some memory inside. However, as you know now, that memory is used for storing a limited number of phone book contacts and SMS messages. The memory on a SIM card cannot be used for saving photos, videos, music, documents, or any other type of file."

Based on that description, unless it was something novel, I do not believe so.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
People are expected to do their own homework, take home exams, term papers, research, or work assignments. Not hand it off to a third party be that third party a paid service or unpaid volunteers.

When a question is asked about a topic that is readily researched then, in my mind, the person asking the question has a responsiblity to do that research.

I have no problem, for the most part, with providing a couple of non-commerical links and references to start the research/find the answer process.

A commerical link could be used, again in my mind, if that link is a balanced tutorial that truly adds technical information and understanding.

Or a basic "yes/no" response.

Both sorts of response were posted above.

That said, if there are remaining questions or issues then that person should state what they believe to be the answers and why. Plus cite applicable resources and references.

And as for "services that deal with writing it" using such services is unethical and cheating. Plagiarism as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.