[SOLVED] Internet slow only on my laptop (Ethernet)

Mar 18, 2020
Folks, this is a brain breaker kind of issue.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 Laptop, using windows 10. My internet is 300mb and I'm only getting 95mb for some reason. I'm using ethernet cable.
I've tried all kinds of troubleshooting and nothing worked and the weirdest thing is that I used to get 300mb before and I didn't change absolutely anything (maybe installed some games and etc)
Here are some of the things I've tried:

Restarted modem/router - Tried different ports - Tried different cable
Uninstalled network adapter, installed and updated drivers (all drivers for all hardware)
Restarted on safe mode with network (got the same 95mb speed)
Uninstalled a bunch of useless softwares
Tried to change my DNS to the google one (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4)
Reset my network adapter to its original config using CMD
And some others as well.

What is blowing my mind is that after 3 or 4 days that it became slow, one morning it just went up again to 300mb and the other day it went back to 95mb.

Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
Folks, this is a brain breaker kind of issue.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 Laptop, using windows 10. My internet is 300mb and I'm only getting 95mb for some reason. I'm using ethernet cable.
I've tried all kinds of troubleshooting and nothing worked and the weirdest thing is that I used to get 300mb before and I didn't change absolutely anything (maybe installed some games and etc)
Here are some of the things I've tried:

Restarted modem/router - Tried different ports - Tried different cable
Uninstalled network adapter, installed and updated drivers (all drivers for all hardware)
Restarted on safe mode with network (got the same 95mb speed)
Uninstalled a bunch of useless softwares
Tried to change my DNS to the google one (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4)
Reset my network adapter to its original config using CMD
And some others as well.

What is blowing my mind is that after 3 or 4 days that it became slow, one morning it just went up again to 300mb and the other day it went back to 95mb.

Any ideas?
The changing from 300Mb/s to 95Mb/s is indication of the ethernet port not being able to autonegotiate gigabit connectivity. That is usually an indication of a cable problem. Do you have a direct cable to the router/switch or do you have in-wall cabling in the path ?

Mar 18, 2020
The changing from 300Mb/s to 95Mb/s is indication of the ethernet port not being able to autonegotiate gigabit connectivity. That is usually an indication of a cable problem. Do you have a direct cable to the router/switch or do you have in-wall cabling in the path ?

I have in-wall cabling in the path.
However I tried to connect using a direct cable right next to the modem and got the same results while my brothers desktop got 300mb using that same cable.