Internet speed 1/3 of what i pay for

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
my mother made a contract for internet some years ago and we've been on this contract for 6 years or more but recently ive been getting more and more into technology and ive noticed that we are not getting the speeds we are paying for (18 euro monthly), i know that its always supposed to be less than what you pay for but 7 mbps instead of 24mbps thats a hefty difference ive snooped around and since my pc is connected through enternet to the router which is connected to the wall it shouldnt have any problems that might be caused by the router and its always been about the same speed,
we have refreshed the contract multiple times now as well so i dont know whats the problem or the solution for it.
speedtest: https://i.imgur.com/1jAB5Td.png

Solution
well if you have changed house (which removes all wiring from post to router including wires in house) and swapped modems/routers combo and have tried different pc and get the same speed, it sounds like the quality of the copper on the phone lines (yes adsl uses phone line copper wires) isn't new enough to permit faster speeds. you could call your ISP provider and have them check the signal saying you getting very low speeds.. maybe they will find something.

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

adsl i think
its in the phone port of my house which then is split into phone line and internet line the phone line is connected to the phone in the living room and the internet line is dragged by cable to my room and then connected to a router to provide internet to my mother's laptop and then i connect an ethernet cable to the router and to my pc

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

yes

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

might be worth mentioning ive tried another router as well and the speeds were more or less the same

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

no clue as to where central is compared to my house however i dont think the line has an issue either as ive moved houses once and if i remember correctly i had the same speeds

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

also its 1 unit and ive upgraded my pc multiple times and my mother has the same speed as mine so its not my pc

well if you have changed house (which removes all wiring from post to router including wires in house) and swapped modems/routers combo and have tried different pc and get the same speed, it sounds like the quality of the copper on the phone lines (yes adsl uses phone line copper wires) isn't new enough to permit faster speeds. you could call your ISP provider and have them check the signal saying you getting very low speeds.. maybe they will find something.

Solution

ArtiomTheGamer

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017

i will probably change contractor next year so might aswell save the hustle from this douchebags , Thanks for your help though it was really informative (the reason why i dont want to get them involved is because they are greedy bastards once my mother tried calling them and she had to call 4 times and the made her wait like 30 minutes on the 4th call)

TRENDING THREADS