Question Internet Speed Capped at 30 on Most Computers in Network

idunnoy

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020
As you might be able to tell from the title, my internet speed is capped at 30 Mbps down and 10 up. The 10 up in normal, but I'm supposed to be getting 100 Mbps down. I can usually get 100 down while downloading something on steam, but no other time. I run my internet speed test with this computer being the only one connected, with everything, including in the background, closed, and the I sun google's internet speed test. A centurylink tech just came out here, and said something about an app or something bogging down my local internet speed, or something like that, so I spent half an hour closing everything in task manager, and I'm still at 30. Anyone know what's going on? I'm running the speed test on hardline, both through our router, and their modem. Yes, I've tried running it wireless, and I've switched out the cable. There is a computer on wireless downstairs that's getting the full 100, so I have no idea what's happening.

Ralston18

Titan
"ipconfig /all" - the entire results.

However, I do recognize your implied concerns about security.

So before running and posting "ipconfig /all results, just do some googling for and reading about "ipconfig /all".

What it is and how it is used.

Normally, I would provide/reference some explanatory links but in the interest of objectivity, you should do the google search to find and read links as you deem applicable.

MACs can be a concern and a computer name with a personal full name is not recommended.

Other commands: apr -a, ping, pathping, tracert...

The results of those commands can be useful as well.

idunnoy

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020
"ipconfig /all" - the entire results.

However, I do recognize your implied concerns about security.

So before running and posting "ipconfig /all results, just do some googling for and reading about "ipconfig /all".

What it is and how it is used.

Normally, I would provide/reference some explanatory links but in the interest of objectivity, you should do the google search to find and read links as you deem applicable.

MACs can be a concern and a computer name with a personal full name is not recommended.

Other commands: apr -a, ping, pathping, tracert...

The results of those commands can be useful as well.
hey, sorry, had to do stuff. I'll upload an edited screenshot in a sec.

Ralston18

Titan
Boot as normal and open Resource Monitor - let the system "idle" and observe the Overview Tab and then the Network tab.

Next disable the LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Network Adapter and observe again.

Any changes? Just a matter of elimination....

Objective being to identify some process that could be consuming network resources.

idunnoy

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020