Internet Stops working For No Reason

Shawn Oday

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I've been having problems with my internet. I'll be browsing and all the sudden I have no internet connection. It usually happens when I'm streaming video. The crazy part is that I'm still connected when I check my wireless connection. I have trien disconnecting and reconnecting but that doesn't work. It is not my router because the other 2 computers on my network are working fine. The only thing that I can do to start browsing again is restart the computer. I;m running windows 7 ultimate and using Chrome. I'f anyone has any idea what could be causing this, please let me know. I am about to do a clean install of windows to try to fix it, but I really don't want to. Thanks

Shawn Oday

Honorable
May 30, 2013

Both are good. I ran a winsock fix and I haven't had a problem so far, but we'll see if it is really a fix or not.

cheat2kill

Honorable
May 23, 2013
if you are using a laptop.. then i would suggest to look into device manager and go to your network adapter locate your wireless card driver and right select properties then go to power management and untick the option which says allow computer to turn off this device.. then it wont have any DC from your routers.

i had the same problem and that method fixed it :D