[SOLVED] Internet stops working when I turn on my computer

YARZ

Prominent
Apr 11, 2019
So I have a desktop computer connected to a router through ethernet and everytime I turn on my computer from sleep or even from complete shutdown, the internet just stops working; wifi goes down, even the computer doesn't receive internet through the ethernet cable. This happens for a brief moment ( like 10-15 sec) after I turn the computer on.
The router that I am connecting the computer to is getting the internet from a main router through ethernet also.
Is annoying because if anyone is playing a game or something they just get disconnected from the match immediately after I turn on my computer.
The weird thing is that the router doesn't like restart or something, it stays working, just drops the internet to the whole house.

What could be the problem?

Solution
If the routers are not correctly configured then there can be any number of problems - duplicate IP addresses for example.

Only one router (the main router most likely) should be providing DHCP IP addresses to network devices.

Your router should have that function disabled. But that may have already been done.

Who has admin rights to the respective routers: i.e., the main router and the router that you are connected to?

You will need help from the admin(s).

Ralston18

Titan
If the routers are not correctly configured then there can be any number of problems - duplicate IP addresses for example.

Only one router (the main router most likely) should be providing DHCP IP addresses to network devices.

Your router should have that function disabled. But that may have already been done.

Who has admin rights to the respective routers: i.e., the main router and the router that you are connected to?

You will need help from the admin(s).

Reactions: YARZ
Solution