I use WinXP in a 2.4 GHz PIV with a cable modem. If I leave the PC switched
on for some time I loose my internet connection. In order to re-connect I
must reboot the PC.

Is it possible this behavior can be corrected?

Peter.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Generally, an ISP will disconnect a user if there is no activity on the line
for a period of time. Try checking for mail every X minutes to see if that
will keep you connected.
"PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I use WinXP in a 2.4 GHz PIV with a cable modem. If I leave the PC switched
> on for some time I loose my internet connection. In order to re-connect I
> must reboot the PC.
>
> Is it possible this behavior can be corrected?
>
> Peter.

Many thanks. After posting I was working with Zone Alarm. I discovered a
setting in there which could be adjusted. I still have my router so I should
be OK (g).

Peter.

"Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> wrote in message
> Generally, an ISP will disconnect a user if there is no activity on the
line
> for a period of time. Try checking for mail every X minutes to see if that
> will keep you connected.
> "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > I use WinXP in a 2.4 GHz PIV with a cable modem. If I leave the PC
switched
> > on for some time I loose my internet connection. In order to re-connect
> > must reboot the PC.
> >
> > Is it possible this behavior can be corrected?
> >
> > Peter.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002