[SOLVED] Internet was at 10MB/s for a few weeks now dropped to 1MB/s. Need help please.

Dec 13, 2020
I am on a wired connection and when I test my internet i get 90-100mbps download and 10mpbs upload. so roughly i should be downloading close to 10MB/s. it was at that speed for a while but now all of a sudden I'm downloading 1MB/s.

I was updating a BIOS driver through MSI afterburner and my download went back to 10MB for about 2 mins then dropped back down to 1MB. I even tried changing the Speed & duplex from auto negotiate to 100mps full and half duplex. they both will hit 10MB/s again for a few moments then drop back down to 1MB/s.

I'm currently using Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet connection, but when i also look into my device manager i notice that their are a bunch of WAN mini-ports.

I need help in trying to figure out why my internet is going down to 1MB/s please and thank you

Solution
Have you tried resetting the router and or modem? If you have 90-100mbps you should be getting 12MBps.

I think i actually solved the issue. I looked into my Killer Control App and it had my download set to 12mbs instead of my actual internet speed. I input my correct upload and download speeds and it seems to be working for now (fingers crossed)

I don't know how this setting got changed as after i originally input my correct speed and never touched it since.
Dec 13, 2020
Have you tried resetting the router and or modem? If you have 90-100mbps you should be getting 12MBps.

I think i actually solved the issue. I looked into my Killer Control App and it had my download set to 12mbs instead of my actual internet speed. I input my correct upload and download speeds and it seems to be working for now (fingers crossed)

I don't know how this setting got changed as after i originally input my correct speed and never touched it since.

Last edited:
Solution

Ferimer

Distinguished

Thats because One Letter change makes all the difference lol. MBps and Mbps are different. MBps(Megabytes per second) and Mbps (mega bites per second) SO when read something like 100mbps you take that 100 and divide it by 8 and you should get like 12.xx which is MBps. That MBps is what you want to keep an eye on.