Internet works when ethernet cable directly connected to Laptop but when I connect it to router , no internet through wifi

Hoc___

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I have Asus Rt n12 c1 router which was working fine for 2 years. But yesterday stopped working suddenly. My modem IP is 192.168.1.1 while Router IP is 192.168.2.1 . I can't even access modem page now . Only router page can be accessed which displays Internet disconnected. But when I connect ethernet cable to laptop , everything works. I took router to my office and plugged ethernet cable , then it worked . So there is no problem with my Interenet (as it works on laptop) and neither router (it worked in office) . But still internet can't be accesed through wifi at home. What can be the issue ? It was working for 2 years without problem.

Solution
My problem is solved now.
Actually, my internet stopped working even with ethernet plugged into laptop .Then My ISP guy changed cable connecting modem with router. It is still strange that cable was problem because cable looks perfectly fine from outside ,no cuts ,no bends. I was skeptical and thought ISP guy is insisting to change cable to make more money. Anyways it worked.

Hoc___

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
yes modem interface can only be accessed when I directly plug ethernet cable to laptop .
Also router interface can be accesed through wifi (but not modem interface ) when connected to wifi.

Hoc___

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

there is no ip conflict here , the whole setup was working for 2 years but suddenly stopped working

Hoc___

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
The problem is Router is not detecting Internet from modem . So there must be problem with either Internet connection or Router.

1. Internet connection is fine as it works when I directly plug to laptop
2. Router is also fine as I checked at my office and there it was detecting internet.

I don't understnad where is the problem.

Hoc___

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
My problem is solved now.
Actually, my internet stopped working even with ethernet plugged into laptop .Then My ISP guy changed cable connecting modem with router. It is still strange that cable was problem because cable looks perfectly fine from outside ,no cuts ,no bends. I was skeptical and thought ISP guy is insisting to change cable to make more money. Anyways it worked.

Solution