[SOLVED] Interpolating MB Memory compatibility list for new Alder lake build?

Nov 23, 2021
I need DR4 for my new Gigabyte Z690 MB and am looking at 2 sticks of 16GB 3600 Cas18 (=32GB)

Newegg has a good deal today on Gskill Ripjaws
F4-3600C18D-32GVK - D is for dual so two sticks of 16

But looking at Gigabyte's compatible memory list, the closest I can find is
F4-3600C18Q-32GVK
which has the same timing specs of 18-22-22-42 but Q is quad for 4 sticks of 8 (=32GB) .

Is it safe to assume that if 4 sticks of 8GB are 'compatible' then 2 sticks of the 16GB version of the same product should be too or should I stick to memory that is specifically on 'the list'?

Solution
Intel is not particularly sensitive to ram,though there are considerations involving the construction and the number/size of sticks.

You are likely "safe"
But, considering the newness of lga1700 I would try to stick with a explicitly supported ram kit.

For 32gb, I would look for a 2 x 16gb kit.
Ram in 4 slots will be harder to manage, and the same capacity may cost more because more sticks need to be matched.
Intel is not particularly sensitive to ram,though there are considerations involving the construction and the number/size of sticks.

You are likely "safe"
But, considering the newness of lga1700 I would try to stick with a explicitly supported ram kit.

For 32gb, I would look for a 2 x 16gb kit.
Ram in 4 slots will be harder to manage, and the same capacity may cost more because more sticks need to be matched.

Solution
Nov 23, 2021
Thanks, I was finally able to match and buy reasonably priced 'Team' ram that was on the list.

For anyone else using the Gigabyte list, be aware they mangled some of the module part numbers and there appear to be hard-to-see embedded spaces that complicate finding of part numbers using Google.

Here is what I got (number copied from the list) - notice the spaces after the first three characters!

T L Z RD432G3600HC18JDC01

I could not match this anywhere until I removed the spaces -then it popped up on Amazon and Newegg.