INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Problem BSOD

boot180

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Here are a few details:

I'm a casual gamer (no high-end rigs to play games on Max settings or stuff like that)
I have a Lenovo G480 laptop
i3-2328M (2.2ghz x 4)
8gb 1333mhz DDR3
Intel HD 3000 (i know, not for gaming. lol but should be able to play DotA 2)

So, previously, my laptop had 2gb x 2 for RAM (totaling 4gb) and had Windows 7 ultimate x86. I do casual gaming (LoL, DotA 2) and they played fine almost 100% no problems.

Recently, I upgraded to a 64-bit W7 Ultimate and upped my RAM to 8gb (single stick). Now, whenever I try to play anything, I'm able to do so for the first 5-10 mins then it suddenly crashes to a BSOD.

I uploaded a capture of the BSOD so that you guys can see.

pq2O2qO.jpg

I'm not really an extremely computer techie kinda guy so I hope you guys could help me with this problem.

Note though that I recently updated my DirectX to the latest via Microsoft's update pack. So I guess there're no problems there.

It's really kinda frustrating that I'm getting these problems AFTER updating to better specs.

Thanks in advance for any reply. Cheers.

te100

Distinguished
STOP 0x0000003D errors are likely caused by hardware or device driver issues. Make sure your video drivers are up to date. might have to uninstall them and then reinstall. test the ram either run memtest or remove one stick and try it then another ect ect. sometimes a bios update will help. you can download whocrashed or bluescreenview to analyze the dump files they will give you which driver or hardware is causing it.

boot180

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Okay so I ran Whocrashed and this is the crash analysis:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 11/9/2014 1:59:43 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x00000000)
Bugcheck code: 0x3D (0xFFFFF8800BA1BFD0, 0x0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002EA2E84)
Error: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check appears very infrequently.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed.
Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

"A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this error."

Sooo..what's next?

te100

Distinguished
If it only happens or alot when playing games then I would suspect video drivers first. If it started after you installed the new memory then remove the new sticks try it and see if it happens again.

TRENDING THREADS