[SOLVED] Invalid IP Address on Ethernet

Aug 24, 2019
Hi, I have been having issues with my wired connection lately. After 7 days of my router setup, my wired connection cut off suddenly and has been the same since then. It says "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP configuration" when I use windows troubleshooting service. Also I have "Dhcp-Client 1001" and "DNS Client Events 1014" errors in my event viewer. My default DHCP lease time is 7 days so I think my problem is related to DHCP.

Things I've tried: Reboot and factory reset the router, swap the router with a new one (almost 10 times), do repair installation of windows, deleted updated network driver, scanned for malware (found nothing), pinged router (it was successful), set IPV4 to static (it said default gateway is not available) and used following commands

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh advfirewall reset
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
route /f

My PC specs are:
  • Motherboard : MSI 760GMA-P34(FX)
  • Graphics Card : ASUS GTX 750Ti (Strix Oc Edition)
  • CPU : AMD FX(tm)-6300 3.50 Ghz
  • DirectX 12
  • Windows 10 Enterprise

I had this issue before, and power-cycling, plugging in and out the ethernet cable, changing ethernet ports on router solved it but this time none of them worked so far. Also there are no issues with the ethernet cable, and ports on router other devices are working fine when connected wired. I am about to go crazy because of this issue, nothing I do seems to be working I would really appreciate the help.

Solution
Mac addresses never leave your network and they are not actually unique even though people think they are. If you have a small network you never see duplicates but if you are a large company that buys thousands of laptops from say HP at a time you will get duplicate mac. They make far more machines than their pool of mac addresses. Knowing someone mac address means nothing.

The IP address is a private IP address since you have a router and are likely the same ones used by everyone else.

The solution to DHCP problems tends to be static IP. If you get error messages you incorrectly configured the settings. One of the common ones is to not put in the correct subnet mask.

If you have ipv6 enable try turning that off.
Am gonna ask 2 simple questions and hopefully obtain a direct answer:

Your DHCP server's LEASE RANGE? (addresses allocated to dynamics). Post a pic of that configuration screen.

When things are working, from PC open a command prompt and do IPCONFIG /ALL >OUT.TXT, post out.txt.

Mac addresses never leave your network and they are not actually unique even though people think they are. If you have a small network you never see duplicates but if you are a large company that buys thousands of laptops from say HP at a time you will get duplicate mac. They make far more machines than their pool of mac addresses. Knowing someone mac address means nothing.

The IP address is a private IP address since you have a router and are likely the same ones used by everyone else.

The solution to DHCP problems tends to be static IP. If you get error messages you incorrectly configured the settings. One of the common ones is to not put in the correct subnet mask.

If you have ipv6 enable try turning that off.

Solution