Invalid partition table!

bjurmark

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Invalid partition table! You are subscribed to this thread

After updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop i get the following info when starting up, Invalid partition table!
I have tried with DiskPart Clean the disk.
I have tried
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildbcd
I have updated BIOS
I have changed UEFI boot mode
I have tried to install Win 7 again
All with the same result Invalid partition table!

Please what can I do to make my laptop to boot again?

Solution
you werent supposed to purchase any utility. they had a free version... well anyways my bad for sending you the link.

check your BIOS settings first :
* SATA mode to AHCI
* Boot mode to UEFI/UEFI+legacy/CSM disabled (depending on your BIOS)
* Secure boot enabled (ignore if missing)

if you needed to change your settings above, then you will need to reinstall your win10 from scratch. deleting partitions from your previous attempt.

if the above doesnt work, you will need to update your BIOS from your motherboards support site. please read carefully first on how to install BIOS for your motherboard before you do anything coz a mistake will brick your motherboard. you will need an extra USB stick to download the BIOS file from their...

bjurmark

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Thanks for the response, but none of the suggestion worked, and I am not so happy buying a utility to use once and that I dont even know if it works.
Any other sugestions are welcome......

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
you werent supposed to purchase any utility. they had a free version... well anyways my bad for sending you the link.

check your BIOS settings first :
* SATA mode to AHCI
* Boot mode to UEFI/UEFI+legacy/CSM disabled (depending on your BIOS)
* Secure boot enabled (ignore if missing)

if you needed to change your settings above, then you will need to reinstall your win10 from scratch. deleting partitions from your previous attempt.

if the above doesnt work, you will need to update your BIOS from your motherboards support site. please read carefully first on how to install BIOS for your motherboard before you do anything coz a mistake will brick your motherboard. you will need an extra USB stick to download the BIOS file from their site.

you should also list down your hardware specs so others will be more willing to help you.

Solution