Sep 9, 2020
I have looked all over and haven't really found anything that answers my question. I have a Be Quiet! Pro 900 Rev 2 and will be inverting it do to my desk configuration. I will have a 360mm cpu cooler at the front as an intake. The GPU will be an open frame so it will be exhausting air inside the case. I plan on putting another 140 mm fan at the bottom as intake. This is where my question lies, should I have the rear 140mm fan as an intake since it sits lower and will push air towards the gpu. I would put 3 140mm fans at the top as exhaust. I know this will kind of create a chimney affect, but I also haven't seen much on that. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated. I have build experience but this is my first inverted.

Solution
Having three top exhaust fans may be non-optimal as the front-most top fan will redirect air from the top-most front fan immediately, and may have an influence on the middle front fan. Basically it's exhausting the air before it has a chance to hit anything that could possibly use it. A fan in the rear, top-rear, and top-middle might be better.

Though ideally the airflow should be as one dimensional as possible.
Having three top exhaust fans may be non-optimal as the front-most top fan will redirect air from the top-most front fan immediately, and may have an influence on the middle front fan. Basically it's exhausting the air before it has a chance to hit anything that could possibly use it. A fan in the rear, top-rear, and top-middle might be better.

Reactions: Familyguy_91
Solution
Sep 9, 2020

I didn't even consider that, rookie mistake. That would give me more positive pressure while keeping the air flowing across everything. My only thought was that the rear fan is now in the middle instead of near the top. My main concern is keeping the GPU cool since the CPU has the AIO.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotaru.hino