News InWin, EKWB Collaborate for $1,500 Limited Edition PC Case

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Classy. If I ever bought a pre-built PC, I'd want something like that.

Yeah, I know they're selling just the case, but I'm talking about the system in the first pic:

gsoGQemMzBxtZ3a8Fu7fke.jpg

Reactions: bigdragon

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I like what InWin and EKWB have done here. The standard ATX layout is obsolete. Inverted or 90-degree rotated motherboards make far more sense. I've never liked having my graphics card hot-side down.

I am one of those crazy people that crammed a 3900X into a Silverstone FT03, so I might be just a tiny bit biased!

g-unit1111

Titan
I like what InWin and EKWB have done here. The standard ATX layout is obsolete. Inverted or 90-degree rotated motherboards make far more sense. I've never liked having my graphics card hot-side down.

I am one of those crazy people that crammed a 3900X into a Silverstone FT03, so I might be just a tiny bit biased!

Hey I jammed an XFX Thicc into a RVZ01, that card just barely cleared the edge of the case when I was building it! A micro ATX case is roomy by comparison. :lol:

Reactions: bigdragon

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I've never liked having my graphics card hot-side down.
Might that be due to using a bottom-mounted PSU? I'm going on limited data, but it seems to me that they tend to orient the mobo with its power connectors on whatever side is closest to the PSU.

Anyway, if you use a GPU cooled by axial fans, then it doesn't matter. Unless, your graphics card has a backplate that's doing a useful amount of cooling, in which case you probably do want the back side up!