[SOLVED] IP change/spoof

JDMStanced

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
i'm hearing there is a free program to spoof IP but i can't find it.
i don't even know how to change IP on my window 10 PC.
can someone help me out?

Solution
of course why question. IP spoof isn't illegal right? it's just for privacy

For privacy you can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to go through a different network when you are connected to the internet. It encrypts your connection and it will show your IP address as whatever IP address the VPN has given you. Most VPNs allow you to select which country/city you want to connect through. There are free ones and paid ones. I prefer paid ones. ExpressVPN is a good one. You will have to compromise speed and sometimes accessibility to use a VPN, but you gain privacy. The trick is finding a VPN that is still fast, and ExpressVPN is a fast one for me.
of course why question. IP spoof isn't illegal right? it's just for privacy

For privacy you can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to go through a different network when you are connected to the internet. It encrypts your connection and it will show your IP address as whatever IP address the VPN has given you. Most VPNs allow you to select which country/city you want to connect through. There are free ones and paid ones. I prefer paid ones. ExpressVPN is a good one. You will have to compromise speed and sometimes accessibility to use a VPN, but you gain privacy. The trick is finding a VPN that is still fast, and ExpressVPN is a fast one for me.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Spoofing would be used when you want to create a fake IP address or appear to use a known IP address of someone else. Either way, it's typically for bad/malicious intent. You won't find much help with that here.
In fact, you'll get no help with that.

Understanding how TCP/IP works would help you understand that spoofing IPs is often the work of fiction and not reality.

Not much help to be had here except for VPN related help.

You could spoof ip addresses on your lan but not sure what purpose that serves.

You have been watching too many movies if you think you can spoof a IP address on a consumer internet connection. Almost all the internet connections you see have other restrictions that make it impossible.

The only way you can even think to spoof a IP is if work for a ISP and miconfigure some core routers. Almost nobody is going to risk their job.

Besides almost all modern commercial routers have features that filter traffic that has a source address that comes in on interface it can not return. This is not to prevent spoofing it is more to prevent a small mistake configuring a router from causing traffic loops but it in effect prevents IP address spoofing.