iPad Accounts For 71 Percent of China's Tablet Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I call BS. Those who can afford tablets in China are few and that majority of electronics here are going to be Clones.

Would also be interesting to see what they define as 'tablet' because while riding public transport, the 7" format dominates.

Skeete_UK

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
More BS from ZIslam. He is turning into a joke, maybe has is a better word.

Toms is losing my interest due to this poor and highly bias journalism.. Poor show. VERY poor show.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]I call BS. Those who can afford tablets in China are few and that majority of electronics here are going to be Clones.Would also be interesting to see what they define as 'tablet' because while riding public transport, the 7" format dominates.[/citation]

[citation][nom]john15v16[/nom]I 2nd that BS...Zak up to his ole shenanigans again...[/citation]

Well, taking into consideration the population of China and considering that only 2.6 million tablets were sold there this year, of which 70.1% are made by Apple, with 14.1% marketshare going to two Chinese companies, which I presume are selling cheaper tablets, together with another 3.5% marketshare to Samsung (which I presume will also be selling cheaper models than the iPad), I don't find it implausible at all.

Also, the source of the article is Reuters, Zak didn't just come up with these numbers out of nowhere.

Apple is big in china because people are all name brand sheep there. Anyone with any money has to show off by buying name brand things. The perfect place where apple can sell their crap.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Tom's Hardware's article comments in a nutshell: Apple? CRAPPLE SUCKS, I WISHED IT DIED. Microsoft? M$. Facebook? Evil. Twitter? Who still uses twitter? AMD? Good for competition. Intel? My Intel processor is already fast enough. SSD? Needs to be cheaper. Wall Street? Corruption. Lawsuit? Patent reforms. Zak Islam? Fire this guy. Anything innovative? Who's going to purchase it? Android? Best OS ever, so much innovation, monopolize please!

Hivemind at it's best.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]tpi2007[/nom]Well, taking into consideration the population of China and considering that only 2.6 million tablets were sold there this year, of which 70.1% are made by Apple, with 14.1% marketshare going to two Chinese companies, which I presume are selling cheaper tablets, together with another 3.5% marketshare to Samsung (which I presume will also be selling cheaper models than the iPad), I don't find it implausible at all.Also, the source of the article is Reuters, Zak didn't just come up with these numbers out of nowhere.[/citation]

Those kiddies doesn't know that. Don't waste your time with them.

G

The market survey must be ignoring the cheap "made in China" clones that sells normally at half the price or less than Nexus 7 (yes the $200 Nexus 7) in China. Without a doubt most people are China are running those. Then come the more affluent crowd which have a lot of money to spare, and they bought iPad compared to other vendors. That's not surprising. But taking into account of the clones which all are them are running Android at the moment, I would say majority of the Chinese in China are running Android tablets instead of Apple iPad. If you want proof, I can easily point you all to the various blogs, website, discussion forums etc discussing those tablets. In fact, many of the more successful clones are even available in USA or Europe.

And by the way, the Ereneben that this article mentioned, is selling their tablet at almost the same price at Apple iPad. Guess how consumers will choose? Don't let this article misleads you, there are way more people using tablets running Android in China than iOS.

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
crApple is getting desperate to look good for their investor :D chinese buying iPad ? c'mon guys be more creative when lying :D

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]And i thought Chinese people were the smartest in the world.....[/citation]

That's the Japanese.

G

[This is the source of the "data" from the pitiful Reuters article...

http://english.analysys.com.cn/]

If this was indeed the source, the same website also has this article lol:

http://english.analysys.com.cn/article.php?aid=135148

"Analysys International: Android Took 76.7% China’s Smartphone Market 2012Q1"

But I could not find the article claiming ipad dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.