iPad Mini May Be iPad 2 Spinoff, Claims Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If this is true, the Google Nexus 7 will wipe the floor with this technologically sub-par 7" tablet from Apple.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
So now Samsug can sue apple for 2 billion dollars for coping tablets that are smaller than 10 inches in size and violating patent rules? It would be nice to see apples products banned in the country their headquarters is in :)

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]RITEMAN33[/nom]If this is true, the Google Nexus 7 will wipe the floor with this technologically sub-par 7" tablet from Apple.[/citation]
at least the A5 chip contains a decent gpu, unlike tegra 3... more cores are useless when no apps are optimized for them. a good gpu is more important.
It's sad to see the almighty nvidia being put to shame by ImgTec in the mobile graphics sector.
seriously, nvidia's tegra 3 is a sub-par chip with a big marketing machine behind it.

I'm glad samsung is making its own chips and using ARM's Mali GPUs instead of relying on nvidia's crap like HTC and Sony.

clubsaucekiller

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
[citation][nom]RITEMAN33[/nom]If this is true, the Google Nexus 7 will wipe the floor with this technologically sub-par 7" tablet from Apple.[/citation]
The iPad 2 already wipes the floor with the Nexus 7 and most other Android tablets. It will be the same thing except smaller, so I don't know why you expect that.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]$250? That's not Apple's style![/citation]
With the iPod Touch at $200 and the 2nd gen iPad at $400, I think $300 is reasonable.

G

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Do you really think people buy Apple products for their performance? If it comes in at the $249 price point it will be the one wiping the floor. The iPod touch's days are numbered also. I personally think tablets are useless without a real OS on them.[/citation]

Who voted this down? 249 SRP + iOS = some mighty clean floors in the android community.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]So now Samsug can sue apple for 2 billion dollars for coping tablets that are smaller than 10 inches in size and violating patent rules? It would be nice to see apples products banned in the country their headquarters is in :)[/citation]
Apple products will never get banned, at least in U.S. it won't.

So it will be the same shit that Apple pushes but in a smaller size and so overpriced it is not even funny. Apple has not released a real innovative cool product in years. What in the world were they thinking in releasing a laptop that you could not even expand the memory in? Having the memory solder to the mainboard is the most stupid idea I have ever heard of short of actually buying a Apple product.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bryonhowley[/nom]So it will be the same *** that Apple pushes but in a smaller size and so overpriced it is not even funny. Apple has not released a real innovative cool product in years. What in the world were they thinking in releasing a laptop that you could not even expand the memory in? Having the memory solder to the mainboard is the most stupid idea I have ever heard of short of actually buying a Apple product.[/citation]

They don't have to. They allready sell so many devices that any upgrade option would just reduce their future sales. Those who are more likely to want upgrades are not going to buy Apple in anyway and those who don't, don't care...

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
iPad Mini May Be iPad 2 Spinoff, Claims Dev? And why not? the same resolution in a smaller formfactor, but the app already for it by the 100tousents?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]at least the A5 chip contains a decent gpu, unlike tegra 3... more cores are useless when no apps are optimized for them. a good gpu is more important.It's sad to see the almighty nvidia being put to shame by ImgTec in the mobile graphics sector.seriously, nvidia's tegra 3 is a sub-par chip with a big marketing machine behind it.I'm glad samsung is making its own chips and using ARM's Mali GPUs instead of relying on nvidia's crap like HTC and Sony.[/citation]
Actually the problem with the GPU on the Tegra 3 is that most software is not optimized for it. Nvidia took a gamble on parallel processing, something that still hasn't paid off. Perhaps as the market share of Tegra devices increase we will see a jump in performance from the software..

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]M1n3Kraft[/nom]Who voted this down? 249 SRP + iOS = some mighty clean floors in the android community.[/citation]

If it was $19.95 we'd not buy one on principle.
We do not wish to be associated with a company that uses excessively abusive market practices.
Same Reason we do not do business with Bank of America, Nike, American Airlines or AT&T.

G

I swear tomshardware posts these stories just to see the ensuing iOS vs android arguments. what's the point?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i usually don't rage against apple, but suing samsung is like biting the hand that feeds you.

if samsung isn't making more than 1.5 billion off of apple in a year, i would honestly stop making chips for them. sure, you'd be missing out on 1/2 a billion profit [after the lawsuit], but watching your competitor suffer would be far more satisfying to me.

even jobs was quoted saying that apple is good at taking ideas and making them better. damn hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.