Question iPhone completely unable to log into websites, had a talk with the Apple experts but they couldn't fix it, phone is still under warranty ?

atifpolitici

Honorable
May 24, 2018
Hello All, so I purchased an iPhone 15 in December 2023, and it's been working all good, until the latest IOS update. I completely cannot log in to any website, I use my phone everyday and every two weeks, I have meetings. Today, I spent over an hour with the Apple technician, over the phone, they couldn't fix it. I have tried everything including factory reset, the phone is still under warranty, I am concerned, it will still pass Apple's test and they won't do much to fix it. Does anyone know what's broken or damaged with the phone?
A new phone shouldn't be doing this!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Short of some input error (resulting in incorrect login credentials), this obviously shouldn't be happening.

Are you 100% certain you aren't mistyping something with the iPhone's keyboard?

Have you logged into this site with the iPhone?

atifpolitici

Honorable
May 24, 2018
Short of some input error (resulting in incorrect login credentials), this obviously shouldn't be happening.

Are you 100% certain you aren't mistyping something with the iPhone's keyboard?

Have you logged into this site with the iPhone?
I am honestly not joking with you, it's a real problem, even the Apple Support is like it's a weird one. I know my passwords and usernames, it's certainly the phone acting up.

atifpolitici

Honorable
May 24, 2018
I get the weird part. Does the phone work in every other way without issue?

Are you using the iPhone now to access this site?

Are you using complex passwords?
Phone all works otherwise, I use the phone everyday of course the issue that doesn't go away is still not being able to log in. I don't have complex passwords.

atifpolitici

Honorable
May 24, 2018
Yes, and you log into this site as a member when posting. If you can log into this site with your username and password, you should be able to do the same elsewhere. That is why I am asking.

What types of sites are you having difficulty logging in to?
With my phone it's all sites, on the computer it's fine. I have to log into government sites, general internet and contract websites, basically every site poses a problem on the phone.

May 7, 2024
With my phone it's all sites, on the computer it's fine. I have to log into government sites, general internet and contract websites, basically every site poses a problem on the phone.
Specifically having trouble logging into a site once you have already established the connection should not be any fault of the phone itself. Have you tried a different network? A different browser?

Reactions: PEnns

atifpolitici

Honorable
May 24, 2018
Specifically having trouble logging into a site once you have already established the connection should not be any fault of the phone itself. Have you tried a different network? A different browser?
I've tried everything, all networks including cellular, the problem is occurring everywhere! Even a factory reset as mentioned in the very beginning.

May 7, 2024
Safari, Brave, Opera, Google. I understand it's a weird issue, but what could be wrong with my phone?
Can you try copying and pasting each character of your username and password from an online ASCII table into their fields? The only thing that I can possibly think of, like the others, is that the input is somehow wrong, whether it be that the charset is bad or something is somehow appending bad data. Can you maybe type some gibberish into a text file on your phone and upload it here?

atifpolitici

Honorable
May 24, 2018
Can you try copying and pasting each character of your username and password from an online ASCII table into their fields? The only thing that I can possibly think of, like the others, is that the input is somehow wrong, whether it be that the charset is bad or something is somehow appending bad data. Can you maybe type some gibberish into a text file on your phone and upload it here?
I don't think that's what's wrong with my phone, it worked perfectly fine, until the latest IOS update did something, I am pretty sure. Even if it is an input or keyboard issue, with factory reset and clearing keyboard settings, that should have been solved. Keyboard and inputs are working just fine!