Question Websites are not accessible ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY

sa.ceggm

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
Hello.
I am currently getting an '' NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID '' error (your connection is not private) on every website.
So everything was fine. I locked my pc to grab some dinner and when I was back no website is working anymore, aside from outlook. I can search anything on the net and I would get results (Google results) but if I try to open of the results it doesn't work and I get the previous error. Outlook seems to work just fine for some reason. Other colleagues on the network are not facing this problem. I've tried restarting my wifi card, reinstalling it, turning the router on and off, clearing cookies and checking time, nothing worked. If I share my mobile data on the pc everything works fine so am doubting the wifi.
I've tried changing the dns address from automatic to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for the aux but then it would completely stop working (no outlook no nothing)
Any help would be appreciated

sa.ceggm

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
Usually this is a browser issue. You can clear the browser cache in the browser settings, if it doesn’t work, attempt using a different browser to verify the issue.
Did both, none worked.
I have a question tho. If I press on the error I get issuer: checkpoint. Companyname.fr. With company name being my current company name

Thing is the company is in a different country. So is it possible that they've done this somehow?

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
There are so many issues that can cause SSL errors that the resolve is sometimes very involved. When you say other users on the network run fine, it sounds like you are using a company network through a VPN. Things as simple as incorrect time or date on the client pc can cause this, but beyond that it can get complicated. You might consider doing a system restore if your research doesn’t provide a solution.

sa.ceggm

Honorable
Feb 8, 2019
There are so many issues that can cause SSL errors that the resolve is sometimes very involved. When you say other users on the network run fine, it sounds like you are using a company network through a VPN. Things as simple as incorrect time or date on the client pc can cause this, but beyond that it can get complicated. You might consider doing a system restore if your research doesn’t provide a solution.
That's the thing. No VPN is being used and since other networks work fine on my pc, a system restore isn't really a solution I'd say
contact your company IT support

For some reason I won't be getting a response anytime soon.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
It's up to you. You can uninstall & reinstall browser instead,

Other suggestions from the net.

--

Didn't notice you are on a corporate network and browsers of coworkers' PC work fine?
And you got checkpoint. Companyname.fr error?
Ask your IT dept.

Last edited: