Question Random Crash (MOBO Beeps)

LeVzi

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
Yesterday, while gaming, COD Vanguard, the PC crashed , and the mobo beeped one long and three short, which I am led to believe is a VGA card issue. It seemed to take a while to post and eventually it did, so I checked event logs etc, no obvious issues.

It booted fine, ran fine, no repeats. I checked online for answers as to possibly why it happened, and the normal stuff came back, update drivers etc check for overheating. I've done all that, ran a few stress tests (Furmark 2 etc) and it hasn't crashed since, watching the temps closely, they dont get near overheating, for anything.

Only hardware change I made was adding an Nvme drive for gaming but that was a month ago.

I updated the AMD Driver, and I was gaming earlier with no issues.

So can I say that one random crash doesn't mean I need to worry too much unless it happens regularly ? The card is roughly 2 months old from brand new. System is 5900X , Aorus X570, 64GB RAM, 2x Nvme drives , win 11. All drivers updated MOBO / GFX etc.

THanks in advance.

Ralston18

Titan
Take a look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may have captured some error code, warning, or informational event just before or at the time of the PC crashing.

Start with Reliability History/Monitor. Much more end user friendly and the timeline format can reveal patterns.

Event Viewer requires more effort to navigate and understand. To help:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

The crash may indeed have just been a one-time event/glitch.

However, start watching the system via Reliabillity History/Monitor and Event Viewer. By doing so you may be able to spot and resolve some growing problem or issue.

And, as always, crashes have consequences. Ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the PC in question. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Just in case.....

LeVzi

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
Bad_module_Info is the only new issue I can see. Apparently driver updates, maybe a BIOS update, or reinstalling the game can fix it.

I'll keep an eye on it, see what happens, thanks for the help/