Question Laptop CPU fans turn on for a few seconds, then off and after half a minute on again

BlueGuyTTV

Commendable
Oct 24, 2021
Hi. I'm working on a Ideapad 3 14. It's my brother's and he used to get a screen of death almost every time he booted it up. He gave it to me to fix but I forgot about it for a month or so. Today I got to fixing it and this thing is weird.

Upon charging it fully and pressing the power button, the cpu fans turn on for 2 seconds, then turn off. While they are spinning, the cpu is heating. when off, the cpu is cold.

After like half a minute or so, the cpu fan starts automatically spinning again and the cpu is hot, while no display or keyboard functions function. It does not stop spinning.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're able to boot to OS GUI, sans any BSoD's, check to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates. While there, you can also check and see what your system resource usages are like when idling. Got an SKU to the Lenovo laptop that you're working with?

BlueGuyTTV

Commendable
Oct 24, 2021
If you're able to boot to OS GUI, sans any BSoD's, check to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates. While there, you can also check and see what your system resource usages are like when idling. Got an SKU to the Lenovo laptop that you're working with?
I can't really boot into anything... nothing is responding.
I've got a SN, MTM, FCC ID, IC and something that starts with CCAH17... which number do u need cuz I can't find the sku on the laptop