[SOLVED] iPhone 5s won't charge

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, so I got an iPhone 5s from a family member whose battery lasted very shortly or turned off, he no longer needed it so he gave it to me, so I put it in charge because I have yet to format it, then the screen appeared with the Battery icon, all normal, I waited 15 minutes, I went to see and the iPhone was still on that screen, what happened? Did the battery die for good?

Thank you.

Solution
Some quick information about phone repairs:
Modern/popular phones generally have the same repair cost. (original parts)
As you got a old phone you might aswell take it to a third-party store which makes it cheaper for you. Remember, you get what you pay for.

About calling with phones, calling/texting dosent have much with your phone really, its the SIM-card which you get from your telephone operator that decides if you can make calls or not. You can still use your phone normally without a SIM-card, except calling and texting of course. But you can do that over WiFi today aswell.
Worth to note that phones can of course get problems with the SIM-card reader.
D

Deleted member 14196

Well i know that. but i don't want to trow it away, i already have a battery, i just need to know if it can still make calls even if it's not supported since somehow my phone can break.
What does this even mean? How can you make calls on it if it’s not supported?

Yonose

Distinguished
As you got a old phone you might aswell take it to a third-party store which makes it cheaper for you. Remember, you get what you pay for.

About calling with phones, calling/texting dosent have much with your phone really, its the SIM-card which you get from your telephone operator that decides if you can make calls or not. You can still use your phone normally without a SIM-card, except calling and texting of course. But you can do that over WiFi today aswell.

Solution

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019

How can I do calls from WiFi? The iPhone 5s is working fine (excluding TouchID).