iPhone Owners Have Another Phone-Crashing Bug To Worry About

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
My first iphone never crashed, but my newer iPhone has crashed a couple times in the 3 years I've had it... hard resets have always fixed it but it's a bit annoying. Of course the android (Motorola) phone I had between the two used to crash all the time (apps crashing, phone rebooting when travelling, losing it's setup every firmware update, the list was long and I only had the POS for 6 months)... so I guess I still feel grateful to have an iPhone. Sadly I've got to go back to Android after this since Apple saw fit to cripple the newest iphones with bad design decisions.

araczynski

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
mass public shaming of a company is the only way any company ever gives enough of a S to do something about a bug/issue, and then its only because it might hurt their stock price, not because they give a S.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Don't open links to things you don't know anything about. Web security is so easy and yet people seem to be so challenged by it. I never get malware, viruses, etc. because I don't blissfully click on everything I get via email, etc. Use some common sense and you and your systems will be fine (and clean!)

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Wha..... I thought Iphones, Ipads, Mac OS, and Mac's in general never had issues. I guess it's time to switch to Android...... Oh wait...... I already did....LOL <------ :)

Because it is a piece of hardware with software that is, like any other software, flawed and full of holes. And as it gets more and more fragmented (various versions) and more popular it becomes more highly and easier to target.

This is not the first nor the last issue though. Currently iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has Bendgate and Touch Disease to deal with. Both were fixed in the 6s and 6s Plus but Apple will never state that Bendgate existed and have admitted to Touch Disease but have found a way to blame the customer.

The iPhone 7 is also having an interesting issue. Two of the people in my office went from iPhone 6s to 7s and when they try to restore the phone from a backup iTunes claims the backup is "corrupted" and not able to be used for the new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.