[SOLVED] iPhone photos compatible with Microsoft laptop?

bazzaaa1974

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
I’ve backed up my iPhone photos to my Microsoft laptop and they’re saved as JPEG files however the laptop won’t recognise them on the laptop, is that because the two devices aren’t compatible or do I need a program that doesn’t come as standard with windows to open them?

bazzaaa1974

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
What error message do you actually see?
They should work.

How did you do this "backup"?

I’ve copied all my photos onto a flash drive using a lightning port and the files app.

error message i get is filename.HEIC It appears we don’t support this file format.
I downloaded the HEIF image extensions app that kerberos_20 suggested but it only recognises a small number of the files I have and I got the error message: this file isn’t playable, this might be because the file is unsupported or the file extension is incorrect.

USAFRet

Titan
I’ve copied all my photos onto a flash drive using a lightning port and the files app.

error message i get is filename.HEIC It appears we don’t support this file format.
I downloaded the HEIF image extensions app that kerberos_20 suggested but it only recognises a small number of the files I have and I got the error message: this file isn’t playable, this might be because the file is unsupported or the file extension is incorrect.
HEIC is a whole new file format.
Did not exist when Win 10 was released.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-open-heic-and-hevc-files-windows-10s-photos-app

D

Deleted member 14196

That’s not the way to copy them all you have to do is plug your phone into the Microsoft laptop and let Microsoft pull the photos in