IPS or TN, am i going to die if i pick TN display?

Zvonkoo

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Im looking forward to buying 27" monitor, but around internet there are a lot of articles and videos about comparing IPS and TN panel. Im afraid if im going to buy 27" TN monitor that i will not be satisfied. So can someone tell me something about that. Im currently using 24" TV, i play games and browse web, and i don't work that much with design and colors. With this TV im pretty okay. What are your opinions? What should i choose between VA, TN and IPS?

Solution
I agree the best option is to go into a store and hopefully be able to compare them side by side.

I have a VA panel and I really like it. I bought a 4K TN panel during a sale a few weeks ago, and found the colors to be noticeably less vibrant, and the black were more grey. Overall it just looked kinda washed out compared to what I was used to, ended up returning it. But I think it also depends what you're used to.
ips the colours are just way better though response times etc may be slower

best bet really is go in a store where you can see tn and ips monitors turned on

first time i turned on my ips it almost hurt my eyes so to speak the colours were so much better than my old tn

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I agree the best option is to go into a store and hopefully be able to compare them side by side.

I have a VA panel and I really like it. I bought a 4K TN panel during a sale a few weeks ago, and found the colors to be noticeably less vibrant, and the black were more grey. Overall it just looked kinda washed out compared to what I was used to, ended up returning it. But I think it also depends what you're used to.

Solution