IPS or TN

Hello people of the internet,

Currently I have a samsung 22" led screen, but the view angle is just awful so I want to sell it and get a new and bigger one.

I have 2 options, but I dont know which to choose. One is IPS and one is TN.
I will be gaming at 60fps 1080, and will play fps game but also games like Ark, far cry etc.
I will only be using it for gaming and im not a die hard fps player so who need 1ms tbh.

IPS= 23" 5ms 160,- euro
Tn= 24" 2ms 130,- euro
The TN is a bit cheaper but I heard IPS looks better, but then again IPS has ghosting I believe or not? Will I see ghosting at 5ms 60fps?

What should I do :(

Thanks

Solution
If viewing angle is the main concern you have with your current monitor, then you aren't going to want a TN panel. IPS panels have much wider viewing angles, and from my experience ghosting isn't an issue at all if you buy a decent monitor made in the last few years. I run two 24" 1920x1200 Samsung IPS panels, and play games at or above 60FP, and I've noticed no ghosting at all so far.
If viewing angle is the main concern you have with your current monitor, then you aren't going to want a TN panel. IPS panels have much wider viewing angles, and from my experience ghosting isn't an issue at all if you buy a decent monitor made in the last few years. I run two 24" 1920x1200 Samsung IPS panels, and play games at or above 60FP, and I've noticed no ghosting at all so far.

Solution
ye I kinda like a nice viewing angle, even if I sit straight for my current screen I see in the topcorners the colors getting different it's kinda irritating, sometimes when someone is sitting next to me, they cant see a thing.

The IPS I maybe want is this one: 23" Asus VC239H-W
What do you think of that one? Like I said, I will be gaming at 60fps and my current screen is also 5ms which works fine so far.

It's not a bad monitor. It has a blue light filter and it's flicker free, is fairly cheap, heck it even has a little pair of speakers built-in. You can wall or stand mount it to save desk space, and it has a decent range of connection options. I'd say it was a reasonable purchase.

TRENDING THREADS