IPTV lists and tools...

jk_1966

Commendable
May 28, 2021
Hello,
New to the IPTV and I would like to know where/how can I get free IPTV lists (.m3u).
I also hear about illegal lists flowing around in pirate sites. I am asking out of curiosity because I can't understand how one can use such a list: It asks for user/password right? If 2 clients use the same user/password combination they will be banned.... Or there is something else I don't get??

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Perhaps there is something I am not understanding?

I wasn't familiar with the term and looking it up indicates it's several different types of "streaming" as a generality. So, in that case you would create accounts and pay for the service(s) via a variety of outlets such as Netflix, Amazon, and so on....

Forum rules prevent any assistance with pirate sources. Aside from that it's a super way to get your PC sick.

Perhaps there is something I am not understanding?

I wasn't familiar with the term and looking it up indicates it's several different types of "streaming" as a generality. So, in that case you would create accounts and pay for the service(s) via a variety of outlets such as Netflix, Amazon, and so on....

Forum rules prevent any assistance with pirate sources. Aside from that it's a super way to get your PC sick.
You can set up your kodi box 100% legally with m3u lists, just listing all the networks that stream their "TV" programming freely over youtube or their own platforms.

The illegal lists include private servers that clone a paid-for stream that you can then link into, but since that usually is one single guy the service is practically always horrendous or stops after a short while.

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
You can set up your kodi box 100% legally with m3u lists, just listing all the networks that stream their "TV" programming freely over youtube or their own platforms.

The illegal lists include private servers that clone a paid-for stream that you can then link into, but since that usually is one single guy the service is practically always horrendous or stops after a short while.

Ah gotcha, so basically legal repositories for the Kodi directories?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
kodi VLC ... if you want to type them into your browser you can dp that as well, it's just a list of IP addresses together with user/pass.

My experience with Kodi wasn't "awesome" due to my ISP (Comcast). They LOVE to throttle when you have large traffic volume outside of the run of the mill services and such. Some years ago I got in a bit of trouble with my provider due to "flagged" activity within Team Viewer. I sent some copyright protected music to my mother's computer, they picked up on it and now seems like some guy is just hovering his finger over the "cut speed to 1/10th" button.
I didn't figure that the Beach Boys, Elvis, and Reba would get me in that much trouble....

Old Molases

Prominent
May 3, 2021
My experience with Kodi wasn't "awesome" due to my ISP (Comcast). They LOVE to throttle when you have large traffic volume outside of the run of the mill services and such. Some years ago I got in a bit of trouble with my provider due to "flagged" activity within Team Viewer. I sent some copyright protected music to my mother's computer, they picked up on it and now seems like some guy is just hovering his finger over the "cut speed to 1/10th" button.
I didn't figure that the Beach Boys, Elvis, and Reba would get me in that much trouble....
A VPN could've been handy here. No?