irgl_less_or_not_equal error While rendering a video

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
Okay so i just did my first overclock on my i7 8700k and got it to 5ghz. I tried prime 95 for 25 mins and got no errors. I haven't got any other errors while playing games or anything like that. I rendered a video on vegas 14 and about 20 seconds later i got that error. The temps were like 81c max that I saw. What could be wrong and how can I fix it ??

Thanks

Solution
It means your overclock isn't stable. Prime95 isn't exactly like a rendering workload, so it's possible to pass it and still hit instability when rendering. In any case it's usually recommended you run stress tests longer than half an hour to verify stability.

You're going to have to either up your voltage, or if you are getting lots of vdroop while rendering (eg. your vcore drops a lot when under heavy load), then bump up your LLC level to try to get the proper voltage to ensure stability.

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
im 99% sure i got everything up to date. I googled the name and it said it happens after a overclock

It means your overclock isn't stable. Prime95 isn't exactly like a rendering workload, so it's possible to pass it and still hit instability when rendering. In any case it's usually recommended you run stress tests longer than half an hour to verify stability.

You're going to have to either up your voltage, or if you are getting lots of vdroop while rendering (eg. your vcore drops a lot when under heavy load), then bump up your LLC level to try to get the proper voltage to ensure stability.

Solution